Generating Client ID
To ensure the authenticity of interactions between your app and Truecaller, you need to generate a client ID from the Truecaller developer portal by following the steps below:
- Once registered, log in to your account and click on the "create project” button
- Enter the project name and select the business category from the dropdown menu. This will create a new project
- On the project screen, click the “add credential” button and select the platform as Android from the dropdown menu
- On the credential section, enter the package name and the SHA1
<<INSERT CREATIVE HERE>>
- Your package name corresponds to the applicationId in your app level
You can get to know the SHA1 for your different app builds by following these steps :
- Open your project in android studio
- Open terminal
- Type command
Once done you should be able to see the SHA1 fingerprint of your different build configurations [ debug /release ] in the terminal window within the android studio.
Once you input your app details and create the app, you will be able to see a unique "ClientID" for your app which you need to include in your project to authorise all verification requests.